Restrained Assembly Rating 1 Hr
Unrestrained Assembly Rating 1 Hr.
1. Structural Steel members-Pre-fabricated light-gauge steel truss system consisting of cold-formed, galvanized steel chord and web sections. Trusses fabricated in various sizes, depths, and from various steel thickness. Trusses spaced a max of 48 in. OC.
MiTek Industries, Inc.- Ultra-Span®, Pre-fabricated Light Gauge Steel Truss System
Fabrication & installation by: Superior Truss & Panel, Inc. 2204 West 159th Street, Markham, Illinois 60426 Contract: Mike Goncher or Bryce Welty Ph. 708-339-1200 Fx. 708-339-1248
2. Bridging - (Not Shown)-Location of lateral bracing for truss chord and web sections to be specified on truss engineering.
3A. Steel Roof Deck Not Shown In lieu of, or in addition to the plywood decking described in Item 3, the steel roof deck may consist of corrugated or fluted steel form units, minimum 9/16 in. deep, 22 MSG painted or galv. steel, welded or mechanically fastened at a max. 12 in. OC to the top chord of the roof trusses (Item 1).
3B. Steel Floor and Form Units* - As an alternative to item 3 min 25 MSG, 15/16 in. deep, painted, or galv. units welded or mechanically fastened max 12 in. OC to the top chord of trusses (Item 1). When used in lieu of the plywood sheathing described in item 3, batts and blankets (Item 8) must be used. When used in addition to the plywood sheathing described in item 3, batts and blankets is optional. Loadmaster Systems, Inc. Type HD, ED, or PS
4. Vapor Barrier - (Optional)-Commercial asphalt saturated felt, 0.030 in. thick, applied over the plywood.
5. Resilient Channels - Formed of 25 MSG galv. steel, installed perpendicular to the steel trusses (Item 1), spaced a max of 16 in. OC when no insulation (Item 8) is fitted in the concealed spaced, or a max of 12 in. OC when insulation (Item 8) is fitted in the concealed space draped over the resilient channel/gypsum wallboard ceiling membrane. Two courses of resilient channel positioned 6 in. OC at wallboard butt joints (3 in. from each end of wallboard). Channels oriented opposite at wallboard butt joints. Channel splices overlapped 4 in. beneath steel trusses. Channels secured to each truss with Type S12 by 1/2-in. long screws.
6. Wallboard, Gypsum* - One layer of nom 5/8 in. thick by 48 in. wide boards, installed with long dimension parallel to trusses. Attached to the resilient channels using 1 in. long Type S bugle-head screws. Screws spaced a max of 12 in. OC along butted end-joints and in the field when no insulation (Item 8) is fitted in the concealed spaced, or a max of 8 in. OC along butted end-joints and in the field when insulation (Item 8) is fitted in the concealed space, draped over the resilient channel/gypsum wallboard ceiling membrane.
Canadian Gypsum Company-Type C or IP-X2
United States Gypsum Company-Type C or IP-X2
7. Finishing System (Not shown)Vinyl, dry or premixed joint compound, applied in two coats to joints and screw-heads; paper tape, 2 in. wide, embedded in first layer of compound over all joints. As an alternate, nom 3/32-in. thick veneer plaster may be applied to the entire surface of gypsum wallboard.
8. Batts and Blankets* - Optional-Any thickness mineral wool or glass fiber insulation bearing the UL Classification Marking for Surface Burning Characteristics, having a flame spread value of 25 or less and a smoke value of 50 or less. Insulation fitted in the concealed space, draped over the resilient channel/gypsum wallboard ceiling membrane.
*Bearing the UL Classification Marking
This design was reproduced from the original UL design document